User Review( votes)
I’m gonna hunt up some Greek stuff in honor of the Athens Olympics in the recipes section and quotes section. And my home page needs a Google-like new logo. I should start doing that. I always like Google’s take on holidays and special events. Yes, I’m ripping off their idea. Don’t flame me.
Back to Greek content… you can check out the Greek Annunciation Church in Wisconsin designed by Frank Lloyd Wright.
I liked the reception to the USA players. Big cheers. Nice to know there’s a distinction between disliking our foreign policy and disliking our citizens. Wish everyone felt that way. And that goes for any citizen in any country including the US. No one should hate an entire people for the actions of their government.
Is it just me, or is the opening ceremony just a little… melodramatic? They seem to be every year. And the intensity the performers—
Woah, the fire thing is AWESOME. Okay, they win. I won’t mock Greece. Shooting fire into water to ignite the Olympic logo? Inventive.
• I dare you to prove that interpretive dance isn’t damn creepy.
• I so wouldn’t want to be “Cube Man”. Pressure.
• If my pregnant belly started to glow, I’d be calling a doctor.
• BJORK?! Wha? And that dress… wacky. I don’t think I’d want to be under Bjork’s dress. Just sayin’.
• The woman in charge of the Athens games? She rules. Great speech.
• This has nothing to do with Athens, but I have a vivid image of a few Olympics ago, where an American sprinter, half-way through the race, fell and sprained his ankle. His father ran onto the field, helped him up, and held him as his son limped the rest of the way to the finish line. I tear up every time I see it.